Friday, September 27, 2013

Socks

I swear my life is like a sitcom sometimes.

I went to a job interview this morning. I think it went well. On the phone they asked me to bring in some references and so I did just that. At the interview I pulled out the notebook that I had written the references in and ripped out the sheet they were written on. "All is well I thought." 


Fast Forward to me in the hallway. I pulled out my sneakers to change out of my heels, but I couldn't find my socks. I took everything out of my bag y nada. I knew I had brought socks because just an hour earlier I had taken them off!  Then it finally hit me...they had probably fallen out in the interview room when I took out the notebook from my bag. So I went back into the office and approached the receptionist and said "Hi, my name is Evelyn. I just had an interview with Sami *laughing as I said this because I couldn't keep a straight face* Is it possible for me to go back in? I think I left my socks in the interview room." The receptionist laughed and said "I can go look for you." In she went...Sami and the folks who had interviewed me were still in the room. I saw a few of them laugh and then the receptionist walked out holding my socks.


I thank God that I don't have funky feet and that I decided to wear brand new, black socks today. 


I did send Sami a thank you note. At the bottom, under my signature, I wrote "P.S. Pardon my socks." 


There they are below...in all their charcoal-y glory. 



UPDATE: I got the job. 

4 comments: